Ideas for Parents
- Have your child read OUT LOUD every day! Reading out loud increases fluency (the ability to read quickly enough to understand what you have read)
- Have your child read approximately 20 minutes per night
- Only do 20 minutes of homework at a time then take a break for 10 minutes. This will help kids to maintain their attention.
- Read to them and with them! Model reading for them to show them that reading is a worthwhile thing to do!
- Make reading enjoyable! Grab a cuddly blanket or chair and some snacks. Make it fun!
Tutoring is available for students needing help with their classes. Please see below: